February 16, 2012

Foaming Face Cleanser - normal skin

Everything I know about creating face washes, body washes and surfactants in general I learned here.  And here.

I wanted a face wash for my acne-prone sensitive skin, and one my husband would use.  He likes scented products, so this is a fresh mango-papaya scent that is very refreshing in the morning.  As my water was already cooled, and no emulsification is needed, I made this using all room temperature ingredients.  If your water hasn't been heated and held, you'd still need to do this step- just add the heat-sensitive ingredients after it has cooled to 45*C or below.

Foaming Face Cleanser
Normal (to slightly oily) skin

50% Water (200g)
20% LSB (80g) (Gentle surfactant blend)
10% Amphosol CG (40g)
10% Aloe Vera Gel (40g)
2% Cromoist - Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (8g)
2% Panthenol (8g)
2% Glycerin (8g)
0.5% Liquid Germall Plus (2g)
2% Crothix (8g)
1% Mango Fragrance Oil 
(mixed with) 1% Polysorbate 20
5 drops of Peach soap colorant

Great foaming, not too much.  Love the scent.  Have used this every day for 5 days and really really liking it.  It ends up perfectly clear after sitting for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment