May 25, 2015

I'm back!

It's been too long.  I took a long break from making bath and body products when I got pregnant in 2013.  Now it's time to jump back in!

After over two years of using commercial products, there's a handful of things I have missed greatly.  Nothing I've come across has been able to compare.

1.  Face wash
Oh my, how I loved my home made face wash.  This is the #1 thing I will be making.
Right now I have some Neostrata oil free face wash, and it's been drying me out for a while now.  Before that it was Cetaphil which gave me the opposite problem.

2.  Face lotion
I've tried so many.  Right now I'm about to finish some Arbonne lotion that is a weak comparison to what I was used to.  I like the Arbonne products I've tried in general, and I may even try to duplicate some of them.

3.  Body wash

4.  AHA Toner
Nothing I've purchased has really filled the gap on this one either.  I'm using Neostrata glycolic lotion, and while it does a decent enough job, it's greasy.  I don't like using it.  If I put it on before bed, it makes a mess of my pillow, and if I use it in the day it's an oil spill on my face.  Kind of gross.

5.  Body lotion/cream
I'm using a bottle of Fresh Lychee body lotion at the moment, and I admit I do really love it.  But it was a birthday gift, and a little too pricey to keep replacing.  I'm not in a huge rush for this one, but I will definitely be making a batch in the coming months.

Now, I need to make myself a shopping list, since everything I had in my stash has got to be expired by now!