February 02, 2012

Hazelnut AHA Body Lotion


This is a variation on my Camellia AHA Body Lotion as I wanted to make another batch but ran low on Camellia Seed Oil.  I've used Hazelnut Oil as my main oil in this lotion, I like how light and non-greasy it is.
I ran a knife through the cream to show how thick it is.  REALLY thick!
Hazelnut & Cocoa Butter AHA Body Lotion
Thick, more of a cream but still pump-able.
I x'd the percentages by 6, and this made about 20oz.

Heated Water Phase:
34% Water (202g plus top up)
15% Hydrosol (or water, your preference) (90g)
2% Cromoist - Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (12g)

Heated Oil Phase:
10% Hazelnut Oil (60g)
2% Camellia Seed Oil (12g)
<2% Rosehip Oil (10g)(ran out)
2% Avocado Oil (12g)
5% Cocoa Butter (30g)
5% Polawax (30g)
3% Cetyl Alcohol (18g)

Cool Down Phase:
2% Silk Amino Acid (12g)
3% Honeyquat (18g)
2% Panthenol (12g)
3% AHA Lactic Acid (18g)
2% Cyclomethicone (12g)
0.5% Liquid Germall Plus (about 3ml)
1% Coconut Scent (6g)
1 pipette Vitamin E Oil

Just as wonderful as the previous version, but a slightly dryer feeling.  To be honest, this is thick enough to be a cream.  I have a small tupperware container at my desk at work and use it on my  hands during the day.  I am really loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment