February 02, 2012

Camellia AHA Body Lotion

This body cream has left me so smooth- AHA,  wonderful oils and a delightful fragrance have this one becoming my go-to cream every day.  I'm in love with it!  I wanted something that would be a real treat for my winter skin.  Camellia Seed Oil is a great alternative to Olive Oil but much lighter.  Rosehip Oil is great for aging skin, and Avocado Oil is a heavier oil that I find very soothing on my skin.  Cocoa Butter is occlusive and I love how it smells.  With all of these oils, combined with AHA, my hope is to make my skin softer over time.









Camellia AHA Body Lotion
Thick, almost more of a cream but still pump-able.
I x'd the percentages by 6, and this made about 20oz.

Heated Water Phase:
29% Water (174g plus top up)
5% Aloe Vera (30g)
15% Hydrosol (or water, your preference) (90g)
2% Cromoist - Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (12g)

Heated Oil Phase:
10% Camellia Seed Oil (60g)
2% Rosehip Oil (12g)
3% Avocado Oil (15g)
5% Cocoa Butter (30g)
5% Polawax (30g)
3% Cetyl Alcohol (18g)

Cool Down Phase:
2% Silk Amino Acid (12g)
3% Honeyquat (18g)
2% Panthenol (12g)
3% AHA Lactic Acid (18g)
2% Cyclomethicone (12g)
0.5% Liquid Germall Plus (about 3ml)
Scented to 'taste' with Mango Fragrance Oil - about 5 pipettes, or 8.5ml
1 pipette Vitamin E Oil

Packaged in pump bottles, but could definitely go into jars as well.  It's wonderfully thick, but soaks in well enough to get dressed within 5 minutes (at least with my winter skin!).

No comments:

Post a Comment