February 02, 2012

Kokum Butter Eye/Face Cream

Lovely, but not as thick as I had hoped.  Light, but slightly greasier than my other lotions.  It could be packaged in a pump or a jar if you're not tossing it in a purse or bag.  Kokum butter is apparently non-comedogenic so it's safe to use on the face.  It definitely adds a slightly greasier feel than I am used to, but I usually use oil free, or very light lotions on my face.  This is not a bad thing- by any means.  Dryer skinned people will certainly like it better than oily skinned.  I am certainly still using it, and liking it although I use a little powder on my face to make up for the extra oil.  Next batch I would probably use BTMS-50 as my emulsifyer, and just skip the Multifruit BSC as they do not work well together.  That alone may completely change the texture of this cream/lotion.  I would also up the Cetyl alcohol by just a tad- to make a real cream texture that would stay in a jar properly.


Kokum Butter Face/Eye Cream
For dryer-skinned people
I x'd the percentages by 3 and it yielded about 9ish oz

Heated Water Phase:
34.5% Water (103.5g)
20% Aloe Vera (60g)
15% Rose Hydrosol- you can use any here (45g)
2% Sodium Lactate (6g)
2% Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (6g)

Heated Oil Phase:
4% Jojoba Oil (12g)
4% Macadamia Oil (12g)
2% Kokum Butter (6g)
4% Polawax (12g)
3% Cetyl Alcohol (9g)

Cool Phase:
2% Panthenol (6g)
5% Multifruit BSC, Natural AHA (15g)
3% Acai Liquid Extract (9g)
3% Honeyquat (9g)
0.5% Green Tea powdered extract (1.5g)
0.5% Cucumber powdered extract (1.5g)
0.5% Liquid Germall Plus (1.5g)
And about 15 drops of grapefruit essential oil.

Very light smell- slightly nutty, slightly grapefruit.  Off-white shade of cream that melts into skin.  I'll post more about it as I use it more.

*Update Feb. 7*
I have been using this for eye cream, not all over my face.  And I'm really liking it.  A little goes a long way, but it helps under eye concealer go on more smoothly.  Feels nice.  Overall, better than my initial thoughts on it.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Kokum Butter for Skin

    ReplyDelete